Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Summer 2012

It is almost October and I am finally blogging our summer events.  This post is long with a lot of picture but keep in mind that I am blogging 3 months worth of fun!!  We left Wyoming at the end of May and returned to our new home, town and jobs in August. We are now living in Basin, WY.  Nate is teaching Spanish, and is the assistant boys bball coach. I am teaching PE, and am the assistant girls bball coach.

Now for the summer.....We started it off right, Vegas style.  We went with my sisters family (Chattertons'), and Benji and Rebecca.  We took the boat, stayed in a condo and had a blast.  Here we are on Lake Mead.


Burying Carson in the sand



Melissa and Jessie

Captain Chris

Devin

Rebecca and I

Carson 

106 degrees when we left the lake

Lazy River at the Condo

Going out on the town
If you haven't ever been to the Melting Pot you need to experience it at least once in your lifetime.  It is a fondue place, it is fun and the food is amazing.  Its a 4 course meal and every course is fantastic.  


Cheese Fondue=LOVE

Different types of meat that you cook yourself right in front of you


Dessert: cheesecake, brownies, bananas, strawberries, coconut covered marshmallows, 
rice crispy treats then we dipped them in 2 different kinds of chocolate. I'm not a big 
chocolate fan but I definitely was of this. I want to go back just for the dessert!


 Inside of the Belagio




Fremont Street:  We had a blast on Fremont Street.  There was a lot 
going on: concerts, street performers, food, and zip linging.







We said "farewell" to Conner as he left 
for his mission in Manchester, England

Our next fun adventure took us to OKLAHOMA to visit Nate's family.  Below Nate is having a great time shooting a possum with a pellet gun.




Catching fireflies










From Oklahoma we went to Texas to visit my sister Britt and her family.  We stayed for 5 days and while we were there we celebrated Z and Zareya's third birthday.  We also got to see Britt and Rod's new baby Jerzy.  She is a little angel!!  We had so much fun playing with all the kids!!  They love Nate and I so much and we love them right back.  Thanks for the fun visit Ceasars!!


                                              Zari


                                                                                                                                  
                                                                                                                      
                                                                                                                Z: wow he melts my heart
                                                                                                                                                       
                                                                             Azlyn 

                                                                             Marley

                                                   Azzy brusing Nate's goatee; so funny!

                                                                    Melissa and Zari

                                                                   Nate with Z and Zari

                                                                           Me and Z

                                                         Slumber party watching Tangled

                                                                     Nate with Jerzy

                                                                        Azzy and Zareya



Our last stop in the south was Missouri.  Nate, Leslie (Nate's Mom), and I went to Branson, Missouri for a few days.  We went to a restaurant called Lamberts: Home of the throwed rolls the first day we were there.  It was such a fun place and the food was southern goodness.  They definitely live up to their name because they do throw rolls all over the place.  Two boys came out and they say hot rolls and if you want a one, you just raise your hand and here it comes.  It is a must if you are ever in Missouri.





Leslie then took us to the Price is Right live show. Its just like the Price is Right without Drew Carey and the prizes aren't as big.  We had front row seats and we heard "Leslie Hartsock come on down you are the next contestant on the Price is Right."  She was on contestants row!!  Sadly she didn't bid the right price so she didn't get on stage.  It was super exciting though. Afterward we got to spin the big wheel and Nate took a picture with the cast. We loved our little trip with Leslie. Thanks again for taking us to Branson!






The next few pictures are of the half marathon that I did this summer.  My family didn't do a great job of taking too many pictures of my while I was running but they were there at the finish line cheering me on.  I loved training for the half and had a fabulous time running it with Kimmi.  It was tough but well worth it!!





I have found a new love in my life:TENNIS, thanks to my sister Trish.  She got me playing tennis and I played on a tennis team this summer.  I played with some super fun ladies!!  We got first place in the Idaho Falls league so we got to go to Boise for state.  We ended up getting third there and had so much fun doing it. I played doubles most of the year with my partner being Trish. I also played a few times with my good friend Kari.
The team chillin at Smash Burger



Me and Kari after one of our matches

Trish and I posing for a pic

My team at PF Changs



Trish, Caly, Melissa




I love this picture of my team



Some of my family went to my parents cabin in Island Park for a few days.  We went to West Yellowstone 
and Old Faithful one of the days. Here are a few pics from it.  
Londyn
Twins?  Nope just mother and daughter

Last time boating for the summer....ahh I miss it!



Getting Ready to Wakeboard

Typical Benji climbing on the Porta Potty to jump off




So that was our great summer.  If you stuck it out and made it until the end of this super long post I thank you!  We love teaching and we love having summers off even more.  Thanks to all our family for letting us stay with you over the summer.  Maybe next time I won' try to post 3 months worth of life into 1 post.

1 comments:

  1. Holy cow. You guy did have a great summer. It is a pretty sweet deal to be able to play all summer and it looks like you had a blast! I love that you are playing tennis! I want to learn so bad. I need to take lessons. I wish you were closer so you could teach me. :) Good luck with the start of the school year. Can't wait to be able to hang out at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete