Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

CHICAGO!!

I had the opportunity to go to Chicago for 10 days to babysit my twin nieces Emilia and Avery and my nephew Carter. My brother and sister-in-law went on a cruise so I got to go take care of their kids while they were gone. Kelsi got to come with me and I was so grateful that she was there. I definately couldn't have done it without her. We got to get out and do a lot of fun things and have some awesome adventures. Here are some pictures of the good times we had together. The first place that we visited was The Willis Tower (which was previously known as the Sears Tower). We went up 103 floors to the skydeck. It was crazy!!






A view from the top





This is the skydeck. There are little glass squares that you can step out onto and look straight down. It was a little scary at first but it was pretty awesome.


Carter and Melissa on the skydeck

Me and Kelsi




Our next adventure took us to the Museum of Science and Industry. I loved this museum. It was huge with so many amazing things to see.

Kelsi and Carter on the big John Deere




We watched some baby chicks being born. I hadn't ever seen baby chicks being born and I thought it was pretty cool to see.



My favorite part of the museum was the trains. They had life sized cabooses and a huge room filled with minature cities and train running through them. Carter loved the trains and didn't want to leave that room.



Kelsi and I had our Birthday on February 8th while we were in Chicago so Lindsy got a babysitter for the kids so we could go downtown to hang out for our Birthday. We rode the train downtown, which was an intersting experience. As we got off the train and headed down the street we stopped to go down a street and saw a million cop cars and a guy told us that someone had just gotten shot on that street. SCARY!! Anyways we shopped, went to Memorial Park and walked around the streets of Chicago.



Chicago stuffed pizza. One of the best things that I've ever eaten!!


The day before we went home we headed to the Brookfield Zoo. It's one of the biggest zoo's in the world. The monkeys were by far the best part of the zoo.



1 comments: