Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Summer in the Sun

What a great summer we had!! It was all about sun and fun!! I think that I was so busy playing that I just didn't have any time to blog. We got a great start to our summer by going to LAKE POWELL. We went with the Chatterton Family, my parents and cousin Jaclyn. We rented a houseboat and spent our days eating, boating, tubing, wakeboarding, knee boarding, laughing, playing games, tanning, fishing, and swimming. It was the best vacation I've been on in awhile. Thanks for the invite Trish and Chris. We had a blast!! There are many picture to follow; lets remember I didn't post anything all summer.

Carson playing in the sand
The view from our houseboat

Nate spent most of his time fishing

Nate's first tubbing experience. Let's just say he was terrifyed!
Rainbow Bridge
Houseboat
Me and Trish

Nate gettting ready for his first wakeboarding experience
Our last night on the Lake

After we left Lake Powell we spent a few days in Utah with Nates brothers and then headed to Idaho where we lived for most of the summer. My parents we so gracious to let us stay with them for the summer. We had a great time in Idaho with family.

Melis and Kels
Nate working away doing cement at the Hawks home


Date Night with Trish and Chris: Blue Hashi and the Bronco=AMAZING!

Our next vacation took us to Oklahoma to see the Hartsock's. We flew with Noah and Kendalyn. Lindsy, Ben and the kids came from Chicago. They also brought Nate's cousin Zach along with them. Dan came from Stillwater and Jake and Jo were already there. The only brother that wasn't able to make it was Jeremiah; whose wife Allison was getting ready to have a baby. (We missed them). It was over 100 degrees the whole time we were there so we spent most of our time in the pool.
The first night that we were there we headed to the kiddy park with the kiddies... and then to the Vaclaw's for some amazing fireworks. Happy 4th of July!!
Avery and Emilia riding the horses
Carter is pretty thrilled about this boat ride (he wasn't feeling well)
I thought this picture was hilarious of Nate trying to crawl into the back seat of the car
Nate playing with Emilia
Me and Lindsy
The whole fam at Mazzios
Noah, Leslie, and Nate and the OK City Temple

Loving the pool in the backyard
Back to Idaho........
Riding the four wheeler with Marley and Londyn
Kimmi and I decided to run the 10K 24th of July Freedom Run. It was my first race and I didn't reallly train for it. I'm pretty sure that I will train next time. I did end up winning the grand prize from the raffle and got a $100 gift certificate for new running shoes. I was super excited!!!
Aspen, Nan and J.D. 24th of July parade
Hanging with the nieces at the parade
Marley and Londyn loading up on candy
In August my entire family was togther for the first time in years. One of the days we went boating with everyone and had an amazing time. We also had a family reunion with all of my mom's family.
Wow did we laugh hard. My abs were so sore the next day from laughing. It was a blast.
We were sad when our summer had to come to an end and we had to come home to Wyoming, but so grateful for family and jobs that allow us to spend the summers with them. Now we are back to teaching and regular life, so maybe I will be better about blogging, but no gurantees.

1 comments:

  1. I don't think I can read about your summers anymore, they are just too fun and I get jealous. :) I loved all the pictures. It was fun to see what you guys did! I also thought the picture was really funny of Nate crawling in the car. :) Great moment.

    ReplyDelete